Last Updated: August 1, 2017
THIS POLICY WILL EXPLAIN:
- Persons under the Age of 18
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- Choices about How we Use and Disclose Your Information
- Correction of Your Information
- Certain Notifications
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
- Collected or received by or through the Website;
- In electronic communications between you and us by means of the Website; and
- Received by or through applications or other resources that you download or access directly or indirectly through the Website.
- Information collected offline or through any means not described above, such as through any other website operated by Company or any third party;
- Information collected by a third party, whether through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or otherwise; or
- Information about employees, retirees, or contractors, which is governed by separate policies available to such employees, retirees, and contractors.
2. Persons under the Age of 18
We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other personal information. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the name you provide of your company and/or your job title; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site (which might include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies); and
- From third parties.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website (including, but not limited to, registering on our Website to receive e-mail alerts or requesting further services and information that you provide when you report a problem with our Website);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
The Website may permit you to provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (each a “User Contribution”). Your User Contributions are posted, and/or transmitted, to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through, and interact with, our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website; and
- Market goods or services to you.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, among other things, the following technologies.
- Flash cookies. Certain features of the Website may use so-called Local Stored Objects (e.g., “Flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How we Use and Disclose your Information.
- Web beacons. Parts of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit the Company to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices about How we Use and Disclose your Information.
Many web browsers have a “do not track” setting. That said, there is no widely-accepted standard (through the World Wide Web Consortium or otherwise) governing what should happen when a user selects “do not track” in his or her browser. If and when an industry consensus is reached about how to treat a “do not track” setting, we will determine whether to follow that consensus approach. In the meantime, enabling “do not track” in your browser will not change what information is exchanged with your computer, or how that information is used.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you;
- To provide information to you about goods and service that we provide or that others provide;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide information to you that you have requested;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, but not limited to, for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To conduct our business operations, including, but not limited to, marketing goods and services to you; or
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
For more information, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
6. Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways and for the following purposes.
- Anonymized information. If we anonymize information (i.e., combine it with other information, redact it, or otherwise make it so that it no longer reasonably identifies you), we may share that information with anyone for any purpose.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any business that we control, are controlled by, or with which we are under common control.
- Outsourcing providers. We may provide your information to outsourcing providers so that they can provide services that help us to operate out business.
- Successors. If we sell or otherwise transfer (or investigate the potential sale or other transfer of) all or a part of our business, we may transfer to, or share with, the actual or potential buyer or other transferee, the personal information associated with the potentially or actually transferred business. Such transfer would be for the purpose of facilitating due diligence and/or allowing the buyer or other transferee to operate the business.
- To comply with legal requirements. We may share your information if required by law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or others where we believe that our cooperation with information requests is required by law.
- International Transfer. We may transfer your information to, and store and process your information in, jurisdictions other than the jurisdiction in which you live and/or work. Such other jurisdictions might have laws that treat your privacy differently from the jurisdiction in which you live and/or work. You consent to any such transfer, storage, and/or processing.
- In connection with your request. We may transfer your information to third parties whenever you request that we do so or where doing so is a part of our fulfilment of a request by, or obligation to, you.
- Others. If we identify other transferees or purposes in connection with the collection of your information (e.g., special purposes identified at the time of collection), we may disclose your information to those transferees and for those purposes.
7. Choices about How we Use and Disclose Your Information
Users who no longer wish to receive newsletters, digital notifications, or promotional materials or have their information provided to third parties may opt to not receive such communications or have information shared by contacting us using the information below. Please be prepared to tell us the specific good or service with respect to which you wish to opt out. We will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. Such compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that take 30 days or longer. If you opt not to receive such communications or allow us to share your information and then give your personal information to us again using the Website or under other circumstances that permit us to use your information, we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You might be able to exercise choices regarding third-party cookies and/or tracking devices. You can obtain more information about those choices at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
8. Correction of Your Information
If your personal information changes, if you have reason to believe that your personal information as we maintain it is incorrect, you may contact us using the contact information below.
9. Certain Notifications
For the purposes of any applicable law regarding notification of persons whose personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, our information security policy provides that any required notification may, where not prohibited by law, be made by the use of e-mail, telephone, fax, mail (including, but not limited to, a notice printed in an available area of a bill or statement) or posting a notice on a Company website or other electronic resource. The specific means used is up to us, and we will use our commercially reasonable judgment based on the circumstances. Where any notice is to be sent to a specific address or number (such as e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, etc.), we will use the latest available address in its records. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO THIS MEANS OF NOTIFICATION.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California privacy law requires us to provide California residents with specific disclosures about our privacy practices, including telling you about the information we share with other third parties for their marketing purposes. You may request this information by contacting us using the contact information below.
12. Contact Information
Copyright © 2017 Cooper Standard, All rights reserved.